WE HAVE MOVED! Aegisofeorzea.com is the NEW website.
This Area is a placeholder for site content. The homepage is typically the only page without content in this area. Content that will display here are things like the forum list, posts, raid details and any other default content for a section of the site or piece of functionality.
Our new site is up and running! We have seen quite a few of you moving over there but not all. We would like you to join us there as we will be phasing this one out over the next few weeks and maintaining only the new one. Our application is now active there.
10/01/2013 6:45 AM
Regarding Actions Taken Against In-Game RMT Ads and Illicit Activities (Oct. 1)
RMT and other illicit activities upset the balance of the game and, as such, are prohibited under the Terms of Service.
Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below.
- Date: Sep. 12 – Sep. 30, 2013
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT site advertisements: 6,154 accounts
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for illicit activity: 156 accounts
- Action Details: Termination from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Date: Sep. 28, 2013
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activities: 568 accounts
- Action Details: Termination/Temporary suspension from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
* Accounts of egregious violators will be terminated.
- Total Frozen Gil: Approximately 367,700 million Gil
* Gil of temporarily suspended accounts will be confiscated.
Included in the above are players who used/obtained gil, items, or actions through fraudulent means. Although we are taking the utmost care and attention to prevent such actions, players who discover any confirmed cheats should, under no circumstances, exploit or disseminate such information. Instead, we ask that players file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].
In addition, the recent maintenance operations have implemented countermeasures to nullify the effects of the aforementioned cheats.
We will continue to take stringent disciplinary action against any accounts with confirmed involvement in RMT/illicit activity; players should take care to steer clear of any activity that violates the Terms of Service. Please be forewarned.
* "Cheating" consists of using third party programs or tools to conduct actions players would not normally be able to do in the game (for example, obtaining gil or items through illicit means, traversing at extremely high speeds, warping, using automated means to operate your character while you are away from the game).
2013/09/10 09:15 Warning Concerning the Security of Your Account
Currently, we have confirmed that a third party is using account names and passwords, thought to be obtained from security breaches of other companys' online services, in attempts to gain unauthorized access to Square Enix accounts.
If you are using the same account name or password as your Square Enix account on other online services, there is a much greater chance that a security breach at any of the other online services could potentially lead to your Square Enix account being compromised.
Additionally, even if you are not using the same account name or password across multiple accounts, if you use repeated strings of character, phone numbers, birthdates, or other information that may be tied to your identity, this may make it possible for individuals to access your account simply by guessing its password.
Therefore, if you are using the same account name or password for your Square Enix account as for your other online accounts, or are using a password that might be easily guessed, we ask that you change your password immediately by going to the following page:
Also, please note that accounts that are suspected of having been compromised will have their access temporarily restricted. Once login has been restricted, an email notification will be sent to the primary email address registered to the Square Enix account. This email will contain instructions on how to remove the login restriction. Players will be asked to reset their passwords and log in again.
Please visit the following link for more information about login restrictions.